Secure Your Future after a Burn Injury
A burn injury can not only cause you physical pain and emotional turmoil, but result in substantial financial expenses. The road to recovery is often long and arduous, and many victims require weeks or even months of rehabilitation. If you have sustained a burn injury as a result of an accident, our team at Rubin, Machado & Rosenblum Ltd. in Chicago, IL, can help you secure compensation for your injuries. While you focus on recovery, your dedicated burn injury lawyer can build a strong case on your behalf. Contact us today to find out how we can help.
A burn injury can cause significant discomfort and require long-term care.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
For over 50 years, our attorneys have been handling personal injury claims, and we are equipped to handle even the most complex cases. We have represented burn victims who have been injured as a result of:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Defective products
- Flammable materials and explosions
- Building fires
- Property owner negligence
- Construction accidents
Our lawyers are well-versed in the nuances of each case type and are confident that we can provide sound legal representation, whatever the circumstances may be.
Damages You May Receive
There are three types of damages we may be able to pursue if you have sustained an injury, including:
- Economic Damages
- Often, clients cannot work after being injured and are inundated with substantial medical bills. The purpose of economic damages is to help cover these expenses. Economic damages can cover lost wages, medical bills, and diminished earning capacity.
- Non-Economic Damages
- Suffering a serious burn can have physical and psychological repercussions. Non-economic damages are intended to address emotional distress, loss of companionship, and other intangible consequences of injury.
- Punitive Damages
- If the court believes the defendant exhibited gross negligence, they may award punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish the defendant for the harm they have inflicted. Punitive damages are paid in addition to other forms of compensation.
The extent of your injuries as well as how and where your injury occurred will play a vital role in calculating damages. However, your award will also heavily depend on the intent of the defendant and their ability to pay.
The Value of a Qualified Attorney
In order to secure compensation, you must prove that another's negligence contributed to your injury. The team at Ruben, Machado & Rosenblum has access to extensive resources and can pursue all possible avenues to uncover evidence that may establish fault. We will carefully investigate the scene of the accident, review medical documentation, and interview eyewitnesses.
We can provide you with sound counsel based on years of personal injury experience and can handle all the legal aspects of your injury while you focus on your recovery.
We firmly believe that you have the right to receive compensation to cover the expenses and hardship you have already endured as well as those that can be expected in the future. We will avidly fight on your behalf and strive to hold responsible parties accountable.
Passionate, Knowledgeable Representation
Do not allow a negligent party to avoid responsibility. Our lawyers are passionate about helping victims take a stand. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, contact us online or call us today at (312) 327-1840 to learn more about your legal options.