A Pharmacy Error Lawyer Can Help You Collect Due Compensation
When you visit your local pharmacy to have your prescription filled, you trust the medical professionals behind the counter to perform accurate work that ensures your safety. Unfortunately, there are thousands of patients who become severely ill or die each year as a result of avoidable and unavoidable pharmacy errors. A pharmacy error lawyer with our Chicago, IL, firm can handle cases involving the negligent actions of a pharmacy or pharmacist, and will fight to help you receive the compensation you will need in order to recover from your losses. Our expert attorneys have helped many victims and their families to collect the restitution necessary to rebuild their lives. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a medical professional's mishandling of medication, please contact the attorneys of Rubin, Machado & Rosenblum today to schedule your free consultation.
We will assist you in seeking compensation when pharmacy errors result in hardship and suffering.
Types of Pharmacy Errors
All patients have the right to hold medical professionals to the highest standard of excellence, as patients depend upon pharmacies and pharmacists for precision in the delivery of prescriptions. Causes and types of pharmacy errors may include:
- Wrong Patient’s Prescription: This error can occur when there is more than one person in a household, or two patients have similar names or birthdates.
- Incorrect Dosage: When a pharmacist does not administer the correct amount of medication as prescribed, it can result in severe consequences.
- Wrong Instructions: If a pharmacy provides instructions contradicting those of the doctor or drug company, the results can be catastrophic.
- Incorrect Warning Label: Warning labels are meant to protect patients from dangerous situations such as driving and operating heavy machinery while taking certain medications. Failure to properly label a prescription with dangers and risks can result in serious injury or death.
- Interacting Drugs: If a patient has prescriptions from more than one doctor, the pharmacist must take proper precautions to ensure the safety of mixing drugs.
Whenever precision and accuracy is required, there is the possibility of human error. We all understand that mistakes happen, but this does not mean that you and your family must suffer due to the missteps of a trained medical professional.
Why Legal Representation is Important
In the aftermath of a severe illness, injury, or even death following pharmacy error, it is important to seek legal representation as quickly as possible. Our attorneys are experts in understanding the required deadlines and procedures that will allow you to receive your just compensation. We can help you:
- Obtain the proper medical records needed to successfully prove your case.
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your case.
- Receive expert analysis to evaluate the cause of your injury.
- Handle the insurance claim filed against the pharmacy or hospital’s insurance carrier.
- Receive a fair settlement for medical bills and compensation to cover pain and suffering, impairment, lost wages, loss of future income, and more.
Schedule a Consultation
Pharmacy errors can cause catastrophic injury and illness resulting in grief and hardship for the affected party and his or her family. Our attorneys possess years of experience in handling medical malpractice cases, and assisting clients in receiving fair settlements. Whether the incident was caused by negligence or was an an honest mistake, you are entitled to proper compensation and justice. To discuss your case with us during a free consultation, please contact our office today.